Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1- Daniel Fast

Ok... so this is a side note to my actual blog but I am currently watching Half Ton Dad on TLC and this man is 1000 pounds!! He is HUGE... he has these growths on his legs from swelling!

On that note, I am making myself healthy so I dont get to that point. Not that I think I ever would but I dont want to start down that road.

Today was difficult but not too bad. The first day usually isnt that hard because your mind is made up and you are focused on your goal. Your body still thinks you will get the icky food another time. Although is was a little more difficult because of the location I was at. I stayed at my aunt's house for New Years and she always has yummy food there: chocolate, donouts, chips, nachos... etc. You get the idea. The morning was really easy to say no. It wasnt until the afternoon when everyone started eating that it got harder. People were just picking up whatever they wanted to eat and I couldnt do the same. I tried to keep busy and keep my mind off of food. Around 4 I made a salad with some tomatoes and olives. Plus I did have a little bit , ok i took more than a little, of pasta salad. I pushed the cheese and meat to the side but even without those the pasta salad filled a taste bud void for the day.

The next big challenge came at dinner. I went to my dad's and we went out to the mexican restaurant. I ordered a taco salad without the shell and sour cream. So basically I had lettuce, beans, and guacamole with some salsa sprinkled on top. I did decide that chips with salsa would be my one exception for the fast. I will try my best to get healthy chips!

Right now I have a huge headache and I think that is due to the lack of sugar I have had today and all that sugar leaving my body! Good Ridance! Other than that I am doing pretty well.

Talk at you tomorrow!

No comments: